Exhaust installed

I installed the exhaust last weekend.  While under there I noticed the main cable to the starter was loose so I tightened it. I didn’t realize at the time but this cause the terminal to touch the housing internally and therefore break it. So after the exhaust was installed I had to drop the header pipe again so I could remove the starter, take it apart, figure out what was wrong, add a non-conductive spacer to the stud, re-assemble, re-install, and finally re-install the header pipe.

Easy! 🙂

Oh, one of the exhaust studs’ threads are a bit stripped, but is holding. Hopefully I won’t be posting about how my exhaust is leaking at the manifold anytime soon.

About Charles

JARN (Just another rover nut)
This entry was posted in Exhaust, Maintenance. Bookmark the permalink.